All work Copyright Van Schaeffer©
Ashley Van Schaeffer©

For more info please click on the complete profile below. Thanks for stopping...


Experience. Freedom. Love. Now.©





Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dutch

When he came down to visit
we went to breakfast on the water.
He placed his silverware in perfect
proportion with the table's edge.
Coffee, a few creamers
He always told me stories of his childhood...
He was devious
Always in trouble
A ladies man
An artist
Businessman
Entrepreneur.
Cigarettes, just like in the old days
The smoke would loom and groove
adding to his demeanour, smooth, hip, slick

He had a deep laugh.
Most of the things I would say made him giggle.
The times had changed so much between our youths.
In his time the women wore white gloves and red lipstick
to the market.
I admired him.
He intrigued me with his lifetimes lived...
Almost 93
Loved for eternity
My Grampy.

I miss you.



Experience. Freedom. Love. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ecofashionpoet.blogspot.com
ExperienceFreedomLoveNow.blogspot.com