All work Copyright Van Schaeffer©
Ashley Van Schaeffer©

For more info please click on the complete profile below. Thanks for stopping...


Experience. Freedom. Love. Now.©





Thursday, September 4, 2014

All Over The Place

As the sun rose this morning
I awoke and opened my eyes
I thought of change and the differences I've made
In my own life but also the world...

Down.  Down a different path I go
As I stopped so long
At the fork in the road
Held my stomach tightly
As the wind blowed
I never felt so alone.
Years have gone by now
And I've got nothing to show
Just that hand on my belly
And a checklist of  "no's"

So anyway
Get movin' down the road
Slow at first
Disqualified at Go
As I walk alone
I take stock of it all
And realize how much I've got
To change
I don't want to look back
And say
What a waste of space
I want to matter
But matter, as matter
And it's all over the place...

Just like the thoughts in my head
Negative to Positive
Change, change, change
      Change, change, change, change

Learn from these things
Pick up my head
Smile-ing
Like the changing of the leaves
Everything means so much to me
And I've got so much further to go...

Now, now I don't have much to say
Just gotta go ahead and do it all the way
Forget the fork in the road
Going forward the wind still blows...

Inspiration lives in me
The past is history
And now, I decide which way to go
I choose how it's going to be
Gonna make a difference in this world
Just gotta start with me...

I'm not going to look back
And say
What a waste of space
I want to matter
But matter, as matter
And it's all over the place







Experience. Freedom. Love. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ecofashionpoet.blogspot.com
ExperienceFreedomLoveNow.blogspot.com